Banner4b
Quarter Lifer

Quarter Lifer: Death To Coldplay

8/13/2005

Death To Coldplay

I have had a severe disdain for Coldplay ever since I was forced to listen to that piece of shit, fished out of U2's trash song Clocks incessantly. Now every time I login to my Rhapsody account they are trying to shove the X&Y album down my throat. Then the coup de tat that sent me over the edge into seething hatred: Coldplay Answer to Prayers.

Let's revist the lyrical brilliance of Clocks for a minute shall we?
Lights go out and I can't be saved,
Tides that I tried to swim against,
You've put me down upon my knees,
Oh I beg, I beg and plead,
Come out of things unsaid, shoot an apple of my head,
Trouble that can't be named, tigers waiting to be tamed,
You are, you are

I am pretty sure I wrote a poem similar to this my Freshman year of high school. I believe I got a C+. An 80 yr old gray haired woman deemed my poetry average. I think she'd feel the same way about Coldplay.

Let us not forget the chorus:
You are,
And nothing else compares,
Oh no nothing else compares,
And nothing else compares

I could really use some help on the chorus....I just can't decide if Chris Martin is stuttering or if he just really loves incomplete sentences. Call me crazy, but to the best of my knowledge a metaphor inovles comparing one thing to another. I suppose much like everything with Coldplay, this was a half assed attempt at writing.

As if I wasn't already oozing with contempt for Coldplay, I then read the prayer anwering article which proudly proclaims:
"It's safe. It's nothing groundbreaking. It's comfort music. There are no sonic surprises...I don't even know that I'd call it rock 'n' roll. It's more easy listening."

Is this what people want from their music today?!? Something that proudly wears the badge boring & safe? Is there a Conservatist agenda to fuck with rock & roll? I don't like my sex vanilla, so why would I want my god damn music to be?

Music is art! The people who create it should be ARTISTS!
Fuck American Idol.
Fuck Souless, Vanilla music.
Fuck Dubya friendly rock.
Fuck Coldplay.

2 Comments:

Fuck them and watch them die!!!

5:52 PM  

I definately ahte them..





Balthazar
Hookah Forum

5:53 PM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home

web counter