Banner4b
Quarter Lifer

Quarter Lifer: Is it just me?

9/02/2005

Is it just me?

My Katrina thoughts of the day:
How is it one could misplace a child during a natural disaster?

I have come across a couple of these 'Mom cries over missing kids' type captions. I'm no parent, but I have seen those child leashes used rather effectively at the mall. I can understand the people who were washed away or what have you, but how on earth do you evacuate & forget your offspring?

And the 'Could it get any worse?' award goes to these people whose evacuation bus tipped over. Bet there are going to be some new Atheists coming of that load.

5 Comments:

I have heard a few stories of people handing their kids over to rescue crews before allowing themselves to be taken ... but not too many of "missing" kids.

Maybe that is because I am tuning out of the coverage and would rather read about your sex life than about any more looting or starvation tales. I get it already, I've had enough! (About the horror of New Orleans, not your sex life). -- d.a.

9:36 PM  

I mean missing, not handed off. Of course I can't find them now, but I know I saw at least 2 captions of the 'woman can't find child' variety.

I'm with you on the TMI approach the news media takes with this stuff. I think that's why I'm trying to keep my post slightly more thought provoking than the rest of the crap out there.

I'm sure there will be more sex life stories to come. It is Friday night & all.

10:08 PM  

It was more thought provoking than most and the athiest comment was beautiful.

10:49 PM  

We can only hope that disasters would cause more people to question the god-myth. Unfortunately, it makes them cling to it even more.

the 502

10:08 AM  

Children should all have leashes.

1:03 PM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home

web counter