Banner4b
Quarter Lifer

Quarter Lifer: QOD

12/13/2005

QOD

I don't have anything specific to write about today. However, me & the intern use to play QOD or quote of the day. It was usually whatever the wittiest thing one of us said during the course of the day. Since I'm unemployed now I can only play this game with the cats. It doesn't work as well. So, instead I offer a real quote. It's not witty, but thought provoking nonetheless:
People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them. - George Bernard Shaw

I've been thinking a lot about what I am going to do with myself & my life. It feels like change is afoot. Well, it's either change or I'm living up to my blog title and am officially having a quarter life crisis. Not sure which. However, if I start talking about buying a sport's car to compensate for the penis I don't have...Please send help. Preferably help armed with Haldol.

I was also talking to Mr. Robinson last night. His background & the fact that he has 14 years of life on me seems to be having an effect on my thinking. He doesn't let me get away with my overly dramatic stomp my feet & bitch act that I occasionally pull. Anyone who knows me knows I'm prone to slightly dramatic outbursts. If you can't shut down my drama queen act you probably won't be in my life long. The tripod will attest to this.

Anyway, my point is that I am normally a girl of action. Lately, I have been feeling more like a bystander in my own life & frankly I'm bored with that. I'm bored with excuses. Like the quote says you can't just sit there & bitch about circumstances. Sometimes you have to go make things happen. It's very much the "If a light bulb burns out do you change it or curse the darkness?" idea (alternately you could be catholic about it: Blame yourself for the light bulb burning out leaving you guilt ridden AND in the dark).

Nothing in life is an immovable object, so go fucking move whatever is in your way.

1 Comments:

Thank you.

God bless.

10:28 AM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home

web counter